Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Note To Self

Read all packaging on medicine THOROUGHLY before ingesting. That way I can avoid another day like today...since I've been home I've had a sinus infection turned bronchitis and now I'm hit with hay fever or something. You know the drill, watery eyes, sneezing, running nose. So I grabbed a box out of the medicine cabinet, skimmed the back to see if it was a "daytime" formula and concluded it was even though it didn't say non-drowsy specifically.

Oops.

About an hour later I can barely keep my head up and I re-read the package and found the part that says not to drive or operate heavy machinery after taking it. What do I do? Do I muscle through it and pretend it's not happening? Do I pass out cold on the couch and let the kids fend for themselves?

I called boo and he told me he'd be home as soon as he could. The minute after the kids finish their first movie as I slept on the couch he walks in the door. Talk about knight in shining armour. I didn't think he meant he would be home that early! He helped me upstairs (I'm groggy but I might have played it up a bit, kind of like when I'd pretend I was asleep as a kid so my dad would carry me to bed from the car), tucked me in bed, turned on all the noise machines and took the kids to who-knows-where.

I have since woken up to an empty house. The sun is shining and I'm going to try and get out of this funk by heading outside to get some fresh air.

I so hit the hubby jackpot.

xoxo

5 comments:

Dad/Papa/David/Grandpa said...

Indeed you did!

Stephanie said...

That is so weird! On Thursday I was hit with really bad allergies. It took Claritin to get me out of the house. I could barely drive my eyes were watering so profusely! It was weird.

Weirder: you had it on the same day.

kelly said...

i hope you're feeling better!
how weird is this?
i frequent angela brimwil's blog for ideas and she had a link to your sister stephanie's blog (who also has fabulous taste) and your sister had a picture of you in paris!
small little blog world...
your trip looked amazing!
and you both looked tres' chic!

Amanda said...

You really did hit the jackpot. I could've probably gotten mine in the door, but an empty house and me in bed? Not so much. Score for you.

Georgia said...

Three stars for Jon! This Spring is horrible for allergies here in California, but I didn't feel bothered a bit in Mexico...As soon as we arrived home I was hit. Can't keep enough Kleenex in my classroom. Hope you all are feeling better! XXOO