Saturday, April 25, 2009

I Dare Say The Orsay...

Was my favorite museum by far. We lucked out and went on the first Sunday of the month so admission was free. We spent a leisurely afternoon strolling through the rooms which included the visiting Rodin exhibit.

I'm obsessed with female portraits. I always wonder what they are thinking as they are sitting there, what their lives were like, that kind of thing. This was one of my favorites but I can't remember who it was by...



I had a childhood infatuation with all things Degas because I was a ballerina. Had to take a picture in front of those...

(Seriously, why did I decide to grow out my hair right before France? All of these pictures are killing me, talk about helmet hair.)


Interior of the museum, gorgeous.



View from the Orsay...


4 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh, I luuuuurve Degas! All those ballerinas, tying their pointe shoes and wearing tulle! I'm such a sucker for the Impressionists and I love portraits as well.

Your hair looks darling - you're as cute as a bug's ear. So sleek and fashionable. Love that purse, too.

P.S. If you ever come to Utah, not only do I want to meet you, but a bunch of my friends now want in. You're becoming a non-local celebrity from my peeps who read my blog, then read your blog, and think you're too cool for words. Just a warning...

jill said...

yes, you look adorable. that museum is amazing.

Georgia said...

You look very Parisian ;-) I wonder if there is a way to investigate online who the painting is by and what it's name is....Or maybe Steph knows. I like it, too.

whit said...

That ceiling shot is remarkable. I want that recreated in my living room. How nice to have that trip with your sister.