The downstairs is one of my favorite places to be. We read there, watch movies, learn, play, wrestle, play games, you name it! This past weekend we decided our books were getting out of hand upstairs so we moved the two tall bookcases that were in the schoolroom to flank the bookcases in the living room. We had fun going through all of the books and we reorganized them by genre.
To replace the bookshelves in the schoolroom we picked up a short billy bookcase from Ikea. We didn't need as much storage there so the smaller one works just fine. The arrangement opens up the room and I have more white board space now because I could put my motto on a different wall!
Here is the before:
And here's the after, not much of a change but it's the little things that can make huge impacts:
I'm going to put one of these above the bookcase...
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Schoolroom Redo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Love it....will you please come spend a week with me?? Did you talk to Leah about the print? I forgot.
Can't wait to come see all your changes in person! I love your motto!
i read your sister's blog and saw your link. love your style and i have to know- where did you get that great poster "Keep calm and carry on" i would love to be able to get one of those. if its not a one of a kind could you tell me where you got it? binghamsf@hotmail.com
thanks
Post a Comment