Thursday, January 22, 2009

Dining Room

This is one of my favorite rooms, maybe because it's attached to another favorite of mine!  I replaced the pendant above the table with the Nelson apple pendant.  It was half off at DWR and there was no stopping me!  We've had the floral stills for years now, picked them up at one of our favorite places to antique shop in Ellicott City, MD. The sideboard is a craigslist find via my mid-century furniture pimp, only a $100!



I also added this bulletin board made from cork tiles.  This project is still in the early stages but you can get the idea. I wanted a casual place to display great photographs of family and friends and I love the texture and warmth of cork. I found cork tiles at Target for $5 for a pack of 4. They came with their own adhesive but to be sure I bought some 3m adhesive strips. Eventually I would like to cover the whole wall with the tiles and let the kids display their art and pictures as well. I still have several pictures of family members that I need to print and add to the wall so don't feel bad if you're not on the board yet!





The last picture kind of has that kodacrome look, I love it.

2 comments:

Georgia said...

I love that you display all of those old photos!

EATING THE ABSTRACTION said...

That wall will look awesome covered in the cork, and it's such a great way to let the kids have some hand in the decor. I'm glad that my Christmas present was so serendipitous!