This is what our basement looked like when we moved in:
That was then, this is now:
We put in new doors, painted the walls a warm white (Benjamin Moore's Spanish White) and have since added baseboards.
My dad helped me paint the fireplace (a long time ago!) and I just had to put one of my favorite Craigslist items- which was free!- it's a record/radio console and I'm going to refinish it to it's original walnut stain.
This is my solution for toys until we put in a closet in the next room. The side tables are Lack coffee tables from Ikea and they fit PERFECTLY next to the bookcase and provide a space for the kids to stand and play (at least kids N.'s size).
This is what our laundry room looked like when we moved in:
This is our laundry room now. We still need to redo this room but Steph is always bugging me to put up my organizational ideas (which aren't always super glamorous). We need to redo the drywall in here and move a few things around- I would love love love a utility sink in here. This will probably happen in a few years...
This is how I deal with missing sock partners: I throw them in a nice classy glass canister and when it gets too full, Jon and I have a sock sorting party in front of American Idol, The Office (April 9th baby!) or what have you. Next to the sock container is my Borax Mule Team laundry powder. Love this stuff. I throw a bit in every load. When this runs out I am going to use Baking Soda instead for a little "green" makeover in the laundry room.
Friday, April 4, 2008
The Love Den/Playroom/Exercise Room/Wii Place...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Love this post. Keep em coming.
Nice job Cher and Jon! What does that Mule Borax do to laundry Cher? I feel silly that I don't know that answer.
Oh I love the glass jar for holding odd socks. I am totally gong to do that when I am in my new house.....don't ask.
Wow! It looks great you guys. Very impressive.
looks great. can't wait to maybe actually see it in person... in a few years!
Hi Cher,
I hope you don't mind that I drop by your blog sometimes. I started reading your sister's blog a few months ago, didn't know it was your sister till she mentioned your home decor. I've been very curious and love seeing what you have done. You are really great at home decor that is classy, stylish, and seems to be somewhat affordable. I especially love the jar idea in the laundry room.
Erin Vandre
WOw..even more changes! Can't wait to see them in June. Looks great.
I like the Mule Borax too! Baking soda is a great idea. I found a nice laundry tip in a Target mailer...Clean out the inside of your washer by running an empty cycle with one cup vinegar and 1/4 cup baking soda. Then run an empty load with regular detergent. I haven't tried it yet because I am out of white vinegar.
Looks like you guys have done an awesome job. I can't wait to be in my new house.
honestly cher could you be anymore creative? the place looks fantastic! I hope you have put a little flower in me and matt's little den to remember us by...good times..good times.
Told ya :)
I use baking soda all the time in my wash. Costco carries a nice big bag of it. It scrubs clean and freshens nicely!
Post a Comment