Help. We have an crazy overgrown backyard and we are in the process of ripping out dead/ugly plant materials. Problem is we don't know what to do with it! We can't afford a landscape designer but we were thinking of posting an ad on Craigslist for a trade of some sort. Another idea is to contact the horticulture/landscape dept. of U of W to see if a student or class wanted to take on a project. Can anyone help us? Any ideas? I have pages torn out from magazines of gardens of love but I don't know how to make them work in OUR yard. We have some lovely trees we are keeping (a Madrona, Japanese Maple and Chamelia) and several huckleberry bushes that Jon wants to keep so I can spend my summer making him huckleberry pie. Or muffins. Or they can be the kids snack because I will have no time to feed them if we spend the summer out in our yard. They can forage for their own food. That's a brilliant idea! Hmmm, when do the berries come out? I need to plan around that...
Friday, April 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ooh I love Japanese Maple trees. Gail has one in her front yard and it is so pretty. I love your ideas about finding help on your yard. You could submit a video or letter to HGTV too. That would be a blast.
K who's Guhn? And I'm guessing it's another virus.(I don't want to click on it to find out) How rude. The previous comment is a good idea. Contact HGTV and see if you can be on one of those fun shows. That would be sooo cool. Also, getting some students from the University of local Community College is a great idea. I'd look into that. Other than that I don't have any original ideas. Good Luck!
Megan
We are trying to figure out what to do with our yard too. I like the idea of getting some college student to come and design it and do it...what a great opportunity for them to learn. I am glad you have some edible plant-life in your yard, even though I am certain your children will not go hungry.
Post a Comment