E. is really fascinated with the space unit they are doing at school. Every day she hops off the bus and tells me how many moons Uranus has or what an asteroid belt is. Today she came off the bus saying she wanted to be an astronomer. A while later, after she graciously allowed N. to play in her room, she came out upset because N. had broken a beaded necklace she had made at a friend's house. As we were picking up the beads E. despairingly said "now I'll never be able to be an astronomer because I'll always have to watch out for N. and make sure he doesn't break things."
Later that night the kids were talking in the car and E. came up with this scenario: "W. when we grow up I'll be the astronomer and I'll send you up to space to check out my stars. You'll be an astrononaut. Dad can come and Mom too but we'll leave N. at home with Charlene (our regular babysitter)." Um, E.? I think by the time you become an astronomer N. will be old enough to come to space and hopefully won't be breaking anymore beaded jewelry.
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Heard Today...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wouldn't you love a tour of her brain and her thoughts? She is a classic original!!!
You shoot for the stars Ella!
I always wonder what my kids will be when they grow up up up and away.
Happy is the best career, I suppose.
Post a Comment