We were so lucky to have family in town visiting this weekend! Jon's Aunt Beth and Uncle Tom (it's hard to call them that, they are only a year or two older than Jon!) and their four lovely girls came to Seattle and stayed at the Hotel Anderton. They had the master suite (hint hint, we'll do anything to make you comfortable when you come visit!) and we had a blast hanging out at the house and then taking a trip downtown to the Seattle Aquarium and Pike Place Market. The Aquarium has been remodeled since I saw it last and is just amazing. There is a whole room full of open water with starfish, sea cucumbers, sea pens, etc. and you get to touch them! Ever felt a real live starfish? Kind of squooshy. More pics will follow when I get them from Tom. Our camera battery is dead the the charger is nowhere to be found...
Next we hit Pike Place Market so I could pick up some flowers for a hostess gift for an event tomorrow. You can buy huge bouquets for $10 or less. I got a large bouquet for $10 and a medium one for $5. Again, sorry for no pictures but I promise they are gorgeous! Jon's new lunch break errand on Fridays is to run down there and get me flowers to put in the house for the week. Who wouldn't want tons of fresh flowers in their house for only $10? You have to see it to believe it...so come visit!


Sunday, September 2, 2007
Pike Place Market
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Fresh flowers every week is almost better than a cleaning lady!
Boy, with each post I am more and more tempted to come for a visit! Good to catch up with you the other day - can't wait to see you, L
so glad you guys are liking it there so much. too bad i'm not much of a flower girl... cuz i'm sure that is nice!
Post a Comment