
At our church there are a few teenage girls who sing beautiful numbers during the main meeting. Ella loves hearing them sing and asked us how she could learn to sing like that. We found out that these girls started in the Seattle Children's Chorus and that Ella was just barely old enough to audition. You heard right, she had to audition. Did I doubt she would do it? Many a time. This is my little girl who wouldn't go up on stage for kindergarten graduation, who won't even say a prayer in front of anyone other than her family. So with much trepidation but also encouragement ("I can't wait to hear you sing your song E.!") I took Ella to her audition. She picked out the song Yankee Doodle Dandy (?) and had such a good time singing it I said what the heck. She's seven. The director of the choir was so, so kind and humored E. a little when she got goofy (which she does when she is nervous) and got her through it and Ella did everything the director asked and it was a success! She was invited to join the Brio choir for 7-10 year olds. I teared up just watching her at the audition and thought that even if she didn't make it, what a major accomplishment for her. Ella you make me proud!
Thursday, August 30, 2007
She's All Grown Up
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Congratulations Ella! That is very exciting and what a great time to start developing talents.
yeah for ella!
wow! that's big! Good for her!!!
Wow, Ella you are awesome.
I can just imagine Ella's impish grin on that stage...
Good for Ella! I bet you were proud and wait until you see her sing in her first performance, you will tear up again. I still do when I see Laurel sing.
Post a Comment