Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Sweet Citrus

I found a lovely container of Meyer Lemons at Costco the other day for $6.99! They were not on my list but they beckoned to me...They smelled so good. And the color! I should have put a regular lemon right beside them so you could see the contrast. There's no comparison!

Now, what to do with them? Should I make my favorite lemon bar recipe? Steph's lemon curd? They are just sitting my console, waiting to be used but I'm paralyzed by the decision. Does anyone else do that? I don't want to waste them in some dumb recipe so I just let them sit until I can't any longer...

What should I do?

7 comments:

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

I say lemon bars, but then again I wouldn't know what to do with lemon curd.

Adrienne said...

I had never had Meyer lemons until this past weekend and now I want more. They are awesome! I say go for lemon bars, especially if it's a favorite. I might try it myself...

Stephanie said...

I made some Meyer Lemon Pudding Cakes recently. Yum. (search my blog for the link) Love lemon curd with Meyers too...and also ina's lemon yogurt cake. Never tried it with Meyers but given how good it is on it's own, I can only imagine how wonderful it is with Meyers!

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shanti said...

mmm...lemons! lemon pudding cake??! that sounds divine...
thank you for the comment. i would love to meet you sometime when you're visiting your mom! dixon is about 45 minutes to an hour from us, but we could meet in sacramento somewhere. lemme know if you're ever coming down!!

Lisa said...

So glad that the lemon bars won! Wink!

The McCall's said...

Too late for the vote to count, but I love lemon bars. That package called out to me at Costco on Saturday, but I opted for the nearby bag of bosc pears and lots of free samples. Feel free to call anytime you have extra lemon bars.