Monday, February 8, 2010

Christmas Fave #5

I "encouraged" Jon to get me this pendant for Christmas. I've always wanted something personalized with the kids names on it but without it being silly. I love the silver and gold combo of the pendant and it's a unique take on the typical and sometimes cheesy personalized jewelry. The necklace was supposed to come on a chain but I'm very particular about the length of my necklaces so I opted to just get the pendant and find a chain on my own. Luck would have it that I found the chain in the photo while perusing Value Village again. Total score for $.99! It's a solid beaded gold necklace on a real gold chain. I think they might have mispriced it...Yay! I also found a longer gold chain and a silver beaded necklace so I can switch it around depending on what length I want. All for a whopping total of $6.

Can you tell I love a good deal? Thrifting is economical, environmentally sound, a total thrill when I find the perfect thing for the perfect price...I could go on and on.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

I love that pendant! It's beautiful. Probably would be best to get it when finished having children :)

Marilou said...

So cute Cher!

Williams Family said...

Love it! Hilarious because I gave the same "encouragement" to Aaron just a few weeks ago for a similar necklace from The Vintage Pearl for my birthday. Lovely.

Shanti said...

it's beautiful! simple but elegant.

Georgia said...

Totally cool! You definitely have my "love a hunt for a great bargain" genes!

Mom A said...

I remember the Value Village days and miss the "thrill of the hunt".

Lynley said...

Love the necklace Cher- I've been wanting one of those for awhile now.

I need to go to Value Village with YOU. Dang, that was a good find.