Thursday, December 3, 2009

Essential Cookware


via

Back in my Baltimore days I worked off and on at Williams Sonoma and I loved it. I worked with so many great people and I love that WS believes that the customer is always right. It was one of the only places you could go in B-more and still be treated right.

While working one night I had a conversation with a fellow employee about the best cookware to have (I was getting ready to use my discount to stock up!). I thought I'd share her wisdom with you and maybe add one or two in there. All of the cookware I recommend is stainless steel All Clad unless otherwise mentioned.

1. A 13" Braiser. Love this pan for stews and roasts. Can go stovetop or oven.

2. One or two 3 to 4 qt. soup pots. I use these for everything and have even had friends borrow them (Hi Darice!).

3. A good non-stick frying pan, 10-12 inches in size.

4. I'm adding this one in for my sis- she swears by her cast iron skillet and uses it daily. I've had one for 3 years and it was used for the first time last week when she came to visit. She had to season it for me because my husband soaked it in water to wash it. Don't do that to your cast iron pan.

So there you have it. Cookware sets are great but you can save money and space by mixing and matching a little. Cast Iron skillets are easily found in second hand stores. Williams Sonoma often has great deals on their pots and pans, just check in here and there. The first one I ever bought was an All-Clad 8" frying pan for $19!

2 comments:

Trainer Momma said...

How did you know? I needed this info sooo bad. I secretly peek at WS and walk through the store like I know what I'm looking for. Thanks for the knowledge!

Sarah boo said...

Only $19! I'm so jealous. I paid like $50 for mine and I thought I got a good deal. I have the frying pans, but I'm waiting to buy the soup pots until after I win the lottery.