Friday, September 11, 2009

To My Peeps (Are There Any Out There?)

Something's gotta give. Not only the title of a great movie, but the title of my life. I'm homeschooling, finishing up my BA through BYU Independent Study, working 15 hours a week and teaching Sunday School. The last thing I want to do is blog. Now I know it's pretty obvious to some that I've been busy (very perceptive mom!) but I just didn't want to leave you hanging.

So I'm hanging up my blogging hat for a while. I have no interest in it right now. If you want to catch up you can call me (I love phone calls!) or check out boo's blog.

xoxo

10 comments:

Reb said...

I hear you girl. I've been thinking about doing the same thing for months. Good for you for knowing what you want (or don't want) and going for it.

Big hugs and hang in there!

R.

Georgia said...

I agree on the movie, and again "There is a time and a season for everything under heaven..." (or close to that ;-) You are in the trenches now...the super busy time of parenting.
XOXO MOM

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

I prefer the talkie talkie. Something does have to give...good choice on giving up the blogging for a while. XOXO

Amanda said...

Yep, I'm with you. I'll miss your thoughts, family stories and decorating posts, but I know where to find you when I need you, so I'll be okay.

Now I just need to make my way to the northwest...

hannie bailey said...

No worries Cher! I still love you! And, this will give me more reason to have to call you, since I never do, and I should, but I just don't... I am very inspired by your many motivations that are keeping you away from the blogoshphere! Way to go!

hannie bailey said...

Hey, btw... could you shoot me an email with your cell phone number again? hannieatpd@yahoo.com

I got a new phone and I lost some of the numbers, yours being one of them!

Dad/Papa/David/Grandpa said...

There is great wisdom in knowing when to let go or say no. You are very busy maxing out right now.

Keep up the great work and be sure to take some time to enjoy your deck and the lovely fall evenings.

Adriel Sovereign said...

I love your blog site and have thoroughly enjoyed all your posts. You have a lot on your plate, I understand. You have a very active life with your family and time and I admire your committment. Your decision is to withdraw for a while is worth it.

Lynley said...

Shanks.
I'll miss the inside of your head.
Do you really have to stop?-- OK, I know, of course you do. I kept wondering "how does she do it all?!" But I'll miss it.

Good thing I got your number.
Later.

Michiko said...

Hi Cher, I'm Emily's friend, Michiko. I just saw her last month, and we were talking about schooling, and she told me you just started homeschooling, for EXACTLY the same reasons I'm thinking about it. I've been doing some internet research lately and there is just. so. much. out there. I'm thinking about starting after Christmas break, but that doesn't give me much time to get organized, plus I'm having a baby in April, am I crazy to be thinking about doing this now?!! If you have a moment, I'd love to hear how you started, what you are using for curriculum, if you're adhering to a certain philosophy, and how you are surviving! Every day I go back and forth between "I can do this" and "This will turn me into a crazy lady".

If you have time, I'd love to hear any and all thoughts you have on the subject. Thanks!
michimonkey@yahoo.com