Wednesday, August 12, 2009

How To Cook A Wolf



Back in August we were lucky to be visited by this talented lady, her brilliant husband and their four darling boys. Unfortunately for them it was during our crazy heatwave where temps topped at 103 degrees. Only 13% of Seattle has air conditioning and we are not one of them.

One night we were able to leave all seven kids with sitters and head out to a late dinner at a place I've been wanting to try for a while. How To Cook A Wolf is located on Queen Anne right on the main drag. It's a nook of a restaurant with a very cozy, communal interior. The name of the restaurant was taken from a book written by MFK Fisher and published in 1942. How To Cook A Wolf is "A series of essays on how to live and dine sanely and pleasurably during wartime and within tight budgets."

I can't even remember what we ate but I do remember it being amazing. We ordered several plates and dined and talked for hours. It was a lovely experience!


via

No comments: