Sunday, May 24, 2009

Hittin' The Hoods



Boo and I had a hot date on Friday night. I needed to stop at Rejuvenation to get some hardware for a dresser makeover I'm working on (they didn't end up working out though so I can't post until I find the right hardware!). We made it to the store 10 minutes before it closed- lucky for us! It's all the way down in SODO (south downtown) so it would have been sad to not make it.

On the way to the store we were stuck in traffic by Safeco field. The Mariners were playing Arizona that night and it was a perfect night for a game. I told boo there is nothing better than sitting in the baseball stands on a night like tonight (clear and sunny) with a ballpark hotdog and a $5 soda. Throw in some peanuts and cracker jacks and I'd call it heaven. Love it. I digress...

The salesperson at Rejuvenation suggested a southern soul food place a ways down the road so we checked out the Pig Iron BBQ in Seattle's Georgetown neighborhood. So so good. We shared a plate of spare ribs, the best sweet potato fries I've ever had, and a bit of jalepeno spinach casserole. It was a huge plate. Does anyone really get their own entree anymore? It's just too much food!

Our next stop was in Chinatown at Imperial Foot Massage . Jon had heard about this place from his barber who's Asian. He checked it out and got me a gift certificate there for Mother's Day. I got a full body massage (the combo) for $45. No joke. It was an interesting experience compared to regular spas and whatnot but I'd gladly skip all of the formalities for a great massage for a great price. The best part was that they hardly speak any English so they didn't try and chat me up the whole time, like the lady did last time I had a massage. You could just zone out and enjoy the experience.

Last and definitely least we went to see different movies at the same theater. Jon wanted to see Terminator and I didn't so I picked the only movie that coordinated with his movie time. DO NOT see Ghosts of Girlfriends Past. Don't ask why, just don't. Boo didn't like Terminator either.

All in all we had a lovely time cruising around Seattle. We actually had uninterrupted conversations (!) and played a little footsie under the table at dinner. Aww yeah.


(picture from our camping trip last weekend)

7 comments:

Leah said...

Is this grownout hair I'm seeing!!

So glad you guys had a hot date.

Amanda said...

Perfect night combo: Good food, a little shopping, a massage, a movie. Heaven. Man, you really packed it in - as you should when you get a break together. I saw the first 45 minutes of Ghosts of Girlfriends Past and left because it was so lame.

Can't wait to see your project; if I had my way, you'd walk us through every project in your house. Lady, your style is to die for!

Georgia said...

Gotta have that date night!

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

It sounds like a wonderful night.

we chirp said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
whit said...

I love that Rejuvination site - thanks for the know. And I LOVE Pig Iron, we hit it whenever we are up visiting family. My husband and I have done the separate movie thing, glad to know others do too.

Stephanie said...

That is the coolest date ever!