We're. Almost. Done.
We've been slaving away every sunny day this city has given us and we're seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. What I'm really seeing is a more spacious and less stinky garage when the chicks move out of their refrigerator box and into their new home.
I stained it black. Who does that? I do and I love it so everyone else can ... (it rhymes with love it). I love it black because it doesn't stand out in the yard like a red or white one would, it recedes into the backyard. Also the chickens will stand out against the neutral background. I think it looks fab next to the japanese maple too.
You will be seeing lots of pictures of our yard this summer because we are pretty much done with the inside. It feels great to be outside and working the earth. It does not feel great, however, to pull out all of the over growth that dear mrs. ballard left for us. Poor thing, she was so elderly and not well. We are slowly digging out a section at a time and will hopefully have the yard leveled and cleared out in time to have raised beds made for winter vegetables. Til then containers gardens on my deck will give me enough goodies to hold me over...oh and those fresh eggs from the chickens in August.
Much to look forward to...
Speaking of the princesses, here they are!
Maple (the tannish red one) and Hazel (the dark one).
Apple is the white one, Clementine is the tannish one in the front and Hazel is the dark one that sneaks into all of the photos. She's so vain.
Monday, April 27, 2009
Coop De Ville
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I am so envious of your layers. I want some fresh eggs out of my backyard!! I am looking forward to the chicken adventure posts.
I was just reading in Sunset about their new chickens,
http://oneblockdiet.sunset.com/team_chicken/
http://www.sunset.com/home/how-to-raise-chickens-backyard-00400000041247/
I am jealous of your coop and new brood!
Brian and I were having this very discussion last night, what color to paint the coop. I'm with you, I want it dark and unobtrusive. He wants it to look like a barn. Hmmmm....
The girls have grown! I love the coop and think it looks trés chic in your yard. Love the rounded door...
I can't wait for the yard pics; if they're anything like your house, they're going to be awesome and copy-worthy.
You won't believe the difference in taste when you have absolutely fresh eggs! How fun that you named them...Did the kids help, I'm guessing?
Wow! They've grown so fast! I hope I can meet them in person someday! The coop is so stylin'. Only downside about black is their poop will show up a little bit more...:)
They've gotten big! And I agree with the coop color. I really wouldn't want to have my eye drawn to a chicken coop every time I looked out my window. I'd rather enjoy the lovely flowers! :)
Post a Comment