Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Backtrack

Okay, so I got a little ahead of myself and skipped posting about two important events! Yikes! So here goes the recap:

Stephanie and Ben graced us with their presence again for Thanksgiving! We were so lucky to have them for a whole week, they are such wonderful guests. Ben made numerous trips to Bakery Nouveau much to our delight, we had beautiful weather and the three of us were quite the team for Thanksgiving dinner. We went on a lovely hike at Discovery Park (one of their personal faves), hit the science center on a rainy day, went to the first day of Winterfest at the Seattle Center and spent a few hours at the Children's Museum and had a quick trip to Carkeek Park after we gorged ourselves on turkey and trimmings. We are secretly hoping they make this a tradition...

The next big event was Will's 7th birthday! He was so excited to turn 7 and I'm still in shock. He is such a good kid, sweet, funny and thoughtful. He is already several inches taller than Ella and loves to ride his scooter and bike, tell us jokes, play Wii, do math, and follow his big sister around. He had his first piano recital last night and wasn't even nervous. He played both songs by memory and then gave a cute little bow at the end.

For the birthday breakfast we always do cinnamon sugar muffins and eggs and for his dinner Will picked chicken noodle soup, biscuits and "mommy's famous chocolate cake" (sorry D., even though the recipe comes from you I'm getting the credit for this one. I'm rolling with it too, mom's don't get enough credit as it is! I'll take all I can get...). He's so chill, all he wanted to do was watch a little football with his dad and eat his favorit foods. We are so happy to have him in our family!


5 comments:

Mom A said...

Will. I'm so proud you did a great bow!

Georgia said...

I'm still hoping for a concert on my piano next time you visit!

MLH said...

It was so fun to talk to Will on his birthday and to see him becoming such an multi faceted boy...

I think a tradition of siblings creating memories with each other and their families over the years is priceless... and with Ben in a kitchen it is always a good deal!

Darice Auston said...

PS-It's really Laura's chocolate cake, but I think we've lapped her a few times and can officially adopt it as ours!

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

Happy Birthday Will (a few weeks late).