Sunday, May 4, 2008

"Wow! It Really Draws Your Eye Down To The End of The Hallway"









Yes dad. That's the idea! (This is what my father-in-law exclaimed when he saw the wallpaper). I don't think he's gotten used to my random projects yet!

Here are the hallway before and after pictures! We painted the door frames and new doors, added new hardware and I wallpapered the hall closet doors and the end of the hallway with fabulous paper by Orla Keily from Anthropologie. I love the pattern behind the pictures of the kids and it adds so much color and interest to an otherwise boring part of the house! It is a great small space to experiment with such projects.

9 comments:

Leah said...

I've got an itch to use wallpaper in a big way in a new house. Love it.

Mom A said...

Can't wait to see it on Friday! Looks fabulous!

Texas Andertons said...

I LOVE IT! Wow! I am definitely enlisting you for decorating tips!

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

I love it! Maybe I will copy you. That could be the solution to my boring cream colored hallway. What color did you use to paint the walls...I like it, I am trying to find a natural looking color to put in my bedroom.

Cher said...

The color I used in the hallway and basement is called spanish white, it's a Benjamin Moore color and then I did the doors and trim in a hi-gloss white, no color mixed in, from home depot. I think using different shades of white and off-white make an otherwise boring color more interesting.

Marilou said...

Cher I love it. I never would have thought to do any of that for those spaces. Mmmmm.....perhaps I will use a little wallpaper in my new (used) house. It's coming back in right? Or is it that anything goes these days?

Rebecca said...

Cher ... you're BRILLIANT! I puffy heart love Orla Kiely (I splurged on one of her purses a while back) and think this wall paper rocks. You go girl!

Sam and Josh said...

You really know how to give it just the rigth touch. Way to go.

val said...

I am enjoying all of your projects-ie bathroom, laundry room, hall!Cant wait to start mine and be creative in dallas!