Sunday, May 18, 2008

Checkmate



I've always wanted to learn how to play chess so I picked up the game the other day at the store and I still haven't had time to learn!  The kids were excited about a new game so Jon taught them what he knew and they have been playing quite a bit.  Do I have some future chess clubbers in the house?  I think I might...

PS  Notice the stuffed animal audience and Ella's latest accessory, a fanny pack.  A girl from school who is diabetic wears one so Ella wanted to "be cool" like that too.  Any other fanny packers out there?

4 comments:

Marilee said...

I like Wills sunglasses too.

The only place I have used a fanny pack was in Mexico when shopping with tutu.

Love the flower pots on your deck. That is something I am looking forward to do ing next year. I don't think this year will cut it with the short growing season and a pot sitting on the gravel with no porch does not turn my crank.

Lisa said...

I don't think I've even seen a fanny pack since '83. Do they still make them?

emily said...

oh yes, they make them still. b had a lovely one from his mission. does that count?? but- it was a "cool" one because it was black leather. i'll have to see if he still has it.

Georgia said...

Hilario's 8 year old nephew, Mikey, learned how to play chess a couple of years ago from his Uncle Javier up in Washington...and he's now playing in State-wide competitions! It's supposed to be great for developing the mind. Who knows what this new pastime could lead to? Oh, and I still have a couple of fanny packs for when I travel....although I haven't used them recently.
Love, MOM