Thursday, April 24, 2008

Something You Might Not Know...

One of my favorite magazines came in the mail today.  Domino?  No.  Martha? Nope.  Parents? Yeah right.  Keep guessing!  Okay okay.  I have finally decided to "come out of the closet" with a little known secret about me that I don't even think J. knows.  Here goes:  I love Fast Company.  Silly I know.  Maybe not as shocking as being a closet Spice Girls fan back in their heyday like Steph but still you might ask what information FC offers that a mom might need to know.  Indeed there are no articles about how to get grass stains out of your clothes or teach your child to 
sleep but how about learning about Van Jone's mission to bring green collar jobs to the urban 
poor or who the savvy mind is behind Barney's new marketing ploy?  Or maybe the sociology behind 
contests that spur innovation and the power to use this tactic for encouraging philanthropy is your cup of tea. If nothing else I find it fascinating and good dinner conversation, that is
if J. and I can get a word in edgewise with 2, 6 and 7 year olds at the table. I think I'll
store these topics away for date night...



PS Steph, don't hate me because I called you out...:)
PPS  Sorry about the paragraph spacing.  My blogger account does weird things sometimes and I could not fix it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love FC too! Haven't read it in 4 months:(, but I'll get back to it.

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

I used to like the Spice Girls? Seriously? I remember rockin' out to Guns N Roses but the Spice Girls? Oh how my memory is fading with each child....:)

I'm curious though...which songs?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.