Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Cat's Out Of The Bag



My hubby posted on my new business venture so it's high time I tell ya'll what I'm doing!

My Mission Statement is to "to provide a comfortable, interactive experience for homeowners wanting simple design advice that achieves maximum impact. Our unique approach combines cost-conscious, do-it-yourself home improvements with enhanced space use to create big changes in your home."

I have loved (mostly!) renovating our home and seen how simple, low-cost changes can make a huge impact so we decided to turn the concept into a business! I charge a very reasonable per-room fee to create a report that gives specific advice about furniture placement, color schemes, home improvements, etc. and then I discuss the report with the client and they take their "to do list" and finish the projects on their own! For an hourly fee I will also do professional organizing and help with shopping if necessary.

So far I have had two clients and have a few more lined up. I love it and it's a great outlet for all of the design/home improvement ideas I have filed away for so many years!

10 comments:

Marilee said...

Congratulations Cher. Sounds like a great idea. I think it would be fun for you to post before and after pictures of your clients' rooms. Would love to see more of your creations.

Sam and Josh said...

That is awesome. It sounds like it will be a lot of fun. Good luck.

MLH said...

You go girl!!!

Kim said...

Way to go! When we finally get a place of our own...maybe I'll just have to fly you out for a visit!!!

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

I love the business card!

EATING THE ABSTRACTION said...

i love the business card and logo cher-- excited to see this happening for you. maybe you might want to blur out the contact info on your card, though, since your page is public? love you...

amanda said...

awesome! Wish you were closer because I could really use that kind of help.

You are going to do a great job!

What ever happened to 'Organasm'?
:)

Rebecca said...

Congrats to you! LOVE the new logo ... it's wonderful.

Hopefully I'll be moving to Seattle in 3 years and you can add me to your list of clients.

:)

Chris and Sarah Seymour said...

you are always on the go Cher! That is awesome that you are doing something that you are good at and that you love as well.

Michelle said...

A testimonial from a satisfied client:

Hooray!! Cher came to my house today, and she is an organizing machine! My scary cupboards didn't intimidate her in the least; she attacked them with her mad organizational skillz. She is the Speedy Gonzales of home organization. This woman is going to change my life for the better - I hereby declare it!