Ahh, the holiday of love. Not my favorite holiday romance-wise (every day should be a day for expressing love!) but I do love spoiling the kids with extra love all day long. We had a rough night so I didn't spring out of bed this morning but we had pink grapefruit and muffins for breakfast, followed by heart-shaped sandwiches for lunch and to top it off this evening I will make one of their favorite dinners and the funfetti Valentine's cake mix Grandma sent them in the mail! I'm also going to attempt homemade valentines. My mom always made holidays like this special growing up and though I slacked off this year (really snuck up on me!) I really love making it a special day for the kids too.
As for that special man my life (Boo!) it has been exactly 10 years ago today that he told me he loved me for the first time. He wrote me a poem, one of many in our dating/engagement/married life, and because of that this day is wonderful too. He wowed me then and wows me still today. XOXO!
(You can go throw up now.)
3 comments:
Sounds like a fun filled day. Oh Jon, you're so romantic.
Sounds like a great day! I have similar V-day feeling. I kind of like to make it a fun kid day. We made sugar cookies that oops needed to be refrigerated, so we had February 15th cookies.
so was that also the same day that he ditched his date for you??
Post a Comment