I haven't liked Oprah's book selections since Poisonwood Bible (one of her firsts and still one of my favorite books) and typically don't like reading what everyone else is reading. I like being contrary like this lady and not following the trends. I will like it because I like it, not because everyone else does! But then I picked up one of those kissy kissy vampire books and stayed up until 1am two nights in a row reading the first one. I had more self-control with the last two but I was caught by my hubby stirring scrambled eggs for dinner while reading. Oops. But here's the thing- I heard about this book and thought it just might be the thing to read starting off the new year and so far so good. Elizabeth Gilbert is a clever, witty (things I am SO not) and entertaining writer who spends 4 mos. each in Italy, India and Bali after wading her way through a nasty divorce among other things. I haven't finished yet but I thought I would put a shout out to it in case anyone wants to pick it up! And if anyone asks, you didn't hear about it from me.
Friday, January 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
My book club is reading this book this month and I was tempted to read it; however, upon discussing it with my literary friend Neylan I decided to pick up The Atonement next. Has anyone read it? She says it is one of the best books she's read in awhile and usually she and I are on the same page when it comes to book "likes" and book "not-likes'. Anyone?
Post a Comment