Magnolia Bakery has nothing on these cupcakes! There. I said it! Sorry to all of you Magnolia followers but Cupcake Royale in Ballard is way better in my opinion. Much more dense and the frosting, oh the frosting, is not too sugary or fluffy. Perfect. I discovered this great establishment the other night while having a girls' night out with Lynley and Frida. We went to a friend's art show and happened to walk by. Lynley and I were mesmerized and convinced Frida that we weren't too full for a cupcake! I bought two, one for Jon, and a Serene herbal tea. Heaven.
I made a repeat performance yesterday with the boys. I had a peppermint frosting cupcake and Will had a gingerbread one. Noah had a little "baby cake" and licked all the frosting off and discarded the rest! If you are ever in the area or visiting me- we are going there! 
Friday, December 14, 2007
Baby Cakes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You are always finding something new and interesting. Long time since we have talked, hope you and your family are doing well. Have a wonderful holiday.
Sounds right up my alley! Next summer hopefully!
Too bad you didn't find this place sooner...like in August or early September. The peppermint and gingerbread cupcakes sound yummy.
I'm Amy's friend from the reunion (the one that didn't go) anyways... I always order from cupcake royale for any type of party- get together.. and just ordered them last weekend for my sister in law's baby shower. I love "Kate"- chocolate with pink frosting.. so cute!
I'm in the area and never met a cupcake I didn't like! Let's go!
Post a Comment