Last night Jon and I took my dad and step-mom to an art gallery opening featuring an artist from our church. The opening was held during Artwalk so all of the amazing shops in Ballard were open late and everyone was hanging out on the street. We ate dinner at La Carta which was fabulous and then meandered around some shops before heading to the opening. I had no idea how fabulous she is. My favorites were a series of paintings she did of a girl who was going through a goth phase and as Julie painted her you can see that by the end of the series of paintings the girl had been transformed into a more self-confident young woman. There were several in the series I wanted to buy but Julie wasn't ready to part with them yet. I would really love to have more original artwork in my home. Between Rebecca (photographer extraordinare), Stacey (my friend who did the pastels of Spain for us) and purchases from Julie (hopefully!) our home will be outfitted with lots of original art. I am really loving our house now (still so much to do but oh well) and you are just going to have to come visit to see it!
Here is a painting done by Julie, it was the only one I could find when I googled her. This is NOT one from the series I mentioned before...
Sunday, September 9, 2007
Julie Stonebraker
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Does she have a website? Or, does the gallery housing her artwork have a site? I bet Dad and Mary-Anne enjoyed the night--that's just up her alley! I wish I were there...it's up my alley too :) I'm workin' on it!
Post a Comment