Darice (Baltimore homey, lifesaver, and maker of these lovelies) posted this clip on her blog and I couldn't help but copy. It's the truth and nothing but the truth about Baltimore customer service. It was horrific, laughable and has made for some great stories...
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hi, Ms. Cher! I've been lurking for a long time, and I found your site from Stephanie's site. I've thought about commenting re: Baltimore before, but today's post was perfect! We live in Baltimore city, in Hampden, and I just had to laugh at this clip. So, so true. We have too many Baltimore customer "service" stories to count! One that is similar to Bon Qui Qui was when I had received our order at some fast-food joint in the drive-through, and I was looking through the bags to make sure we had everything, and the woman opened up her little window and said, "Ma'am, move along please!" Only there was no one in back of us. No one! Love Baltimore. Where did you guys live when you were here?
Emily, We lived in Towsen then Owings Mills (the burbs). I know Hampden, do you live by the tot lot? I thought that was a great neighborhood. I miss Baltimore, parts of it anyways!!
Oh, the tot lot! That's actually in Rodgers Forge, if it's the same one you're thinking - the big area where there's a playground and sand pit but also is the dumping ground (in a good way) for everyone's Little Tykes stuff? Yeah, that's just about 15 minutes northeast of us, right by my daughter's preschool. Hampden is where the infamous Miracle on 34th Street is every year, the block of about 40 rowhomes that goes all out with lights and stuff. And where The Avenue is (36th Street) with all the cute boutiques and such. And yes, for all of us Baltimore transplants, I think it's a love-hate thing. :) (And if you were in Towson, I wonder if we have church peeps in common...? Depends on how long ago you were here, I suppose.)
Post a Comment