Sunday, November 2, 2008

Not So "Lucky"


The kids have nicknamed my car "sour" (long story) and Jon's car is "lucky".  Well, Lucky wasn't so lucky today.  We had gone to Wenatchee on Friday and Jon left his work bag at the kitchen table.  Jon's mom offered to meet us halfway (or more than halfway for her!) this morning so he could have his things for work.  Jon was sick with the flu all last night so I drove out to meet her.  I took Jon's car and it was slipping and sliding all over the road so I just went really slow and assumed it needed new tires.  On the last leg of the trip I was getting off of I-90 and onto I-5 and the car slid across two lanes into a cement barrier and then back over the two lanes into the cement barrier on the other side.  The car was smoking and the airbag went off on the passenger side and so I got out of the car and was crying in the middle of the highway!  Two gentlemen stopped and put up flares and tried to push the car off the highway.  They couldn't make it up the hill but right then the emergency response truck came and pushed my car out of the way.  

I feel very blessed that I am fine but the car is probably totalled.  The kids are pretty upset because we've had that car since before Will was born!  

12 comments:

Kim said...

Yikes! I'm glad you're okay.

Marilou said...

How scary! So glad you are alright Cher!

Sam and Josh said...

That is so not fun, but thank goodness you didn't get hurt.

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

I am so glad you are okay. I am sorry about the car. I know I would have been crying in the middle of the highway too.

Leah said...

That sucks, real bad. Glad that you didn't have the kids with you and that you were ok.

jill said...

that sounds terrifying! thanks for the comment on my blog about the paint. i am STILL going back and forth on colors (good thing the house is taking forever). your house looks beautiful!

EATING THE ABSTRACTION said...

I'm glad you are okay, Cher. Good thing the kids weren't with you. I had an accident in high school that had my car spinning across lanes on the highway-- I completely sympathize with your tears!

amanda said...

Scary! I'm glad you are ok.

tracy said...

how scary to lose control. so glad that you are okay and so sorry your car isn't.

Georgia said...

Yes, again, I am so glad you are okay and that the kids weren't with you. I was with Kristen when she had her spin-out (It was wild!). Good thing your guardian angels were able to keep up with you!

Rebecca said...

Oh no! I'm so glad you're okay but bummed about the car too ... I remember when you got it.

Hang in there and give yourself a big hug for me.

xoxo

Dad/Papa/David/Grandpa said...

Sweetheart,
While the car was not so lucky, it certainly could have been much worse for you. The cup is half full on this one. Whew!