Sunday, June 15, 2008

Meat Market



I finally got the go ahead from my physical therapist and I am now an official member of the Golds' Gym that is 1 minute from my house. Score. After joining I realized that the only realistic time for me to go was in the a.m. before Jon goes to work. Guess what time Jon leaves for work? Oh yeah, 6:05. So I get up at 4:45 to get ready, snarf down an apple smeared with a little PB (I get super nauseous if I don't!) and be at the gym by 5. I figured I would be one of very few people there at that hour but I was surprised to find about 10-15 regulars. If that many people can get up that early, so can I! One morning I didn't make it so I went around 6:15pm and I will never do that again. The people there in the morning are die hards, the people there in the evening just want to check you out! Blech!

After assessing my workout wardrobe which consists of too small shorts (did I really fit into those? sigh.) and tops I headed to Tar-jay to see what they had for me. Lo and behold I found these darling running skorts and I fell deeply in love. They are so flattering and comforable that I bought 3 colors and I plan on going back for more. Check them out! I'm sure you will love them as much as I do.

4 comments:

Sam and Josh said...

I so wish there was a gym close to my house, so for now I have a treadmill, bike, workbench and weights. I just miss the classes and all the machines. I get up at 5:15, so I hear ya.

Megan said...

Welcome to the world of Provo gyms, all those meat heads lusting after a married woman, sick!

Georgia said...

Now if only that cute body would come automatically with the outfit! HA! (Speaking of myself, that is! You've already got that part down!) You go girl! I've been getting up at 5:30 to power walk with H. and lift a few weights in the mornings, if that makes you feel better. It's a great way to start the day, and keeps me from sleeping away my summer mornings now that I am off.

Marilou said...

That skort is so cute. Next time I am in a Target store I will check them out. That may be ahwile though because they don't have Target here in Canada. Maybe Walmart has them.