Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Greener Pastures

With the demise of Blueprint magazine I have had to turn elsewhere to satisfy my craving for design. While my sister was here for Thanksgiving she so thoughtfully reintroduced me to Dwell magazine and I have been salivating ever since! What did I do yesterday while my oldest was at school and the sitter was with the boys (I had decided that for my sanity and my kids' as well that I would hire a sitter for one day a week so I could run all over Seattle and get my errands done. And work. But that will be in a different post!)? I ran a few errands, then for my lunch break I grabbed the new copy of Dwell and ate a quiet lunch at Zao at UVillage. I ate slowly, turning the thick pages of the magazine and relaxed. Ahhh.

After seeing this in last month's issue I kind of wished I had chosen a darker color for the house. Oh well. I'll have to wait another 15 years or so...

PS Do you think J. and I could look so cool in front of our house?












Here's what I'm saying folks. You can have great design for not a whole lot of dough! This couple found a table at Ikea that looks like a Saarinen and chairs that look like DWR's "air" chairs. Then they splurged on a George Nelson lamp. Mix up the cheap with the pricey and no one will ever know!

No comments: